I dream of Sneakers

I am not a sneaker kind of girl. I still own five : two slip on, one high top wedge and two that are mainly for working out. Yet this Summer, I am thinking of adding to my collection. All thanks to the bloggers I follow on I.G. (ladies you are not helping me!!!), I am starting to get obsessed with a few out there. And here are the ones I am lusting after:

(Note: I use the term "Sneakers" loosely here. Basically it means all sport shoes but also slip on, canvas, skater, plimsoll and such...)

Metallic

I used to own a pair of vintage gold sequin sneakers. They were a gift from an old family friend and for a while I did not wear them because they reminded me of grandma shoes. But once I did I could not stop wearing them with everything from leggings to polka dotted skirts. I loved that pair so much. Now I think I am too old for sequin sneakers but I am willing to invest in golden or silver, any metallic canvas shoes. They are so grown up and can be paired with anything.


Zara 


Hologram slip on available on Ebay


Mesh sneaker

I am not really into mesh but I do like the contrast it offers. I fell in love with the mesh sneaker when I saw yet another picture of a fashion blogger I follow. Her brown skin peeking through that mesh made her entire look effortlessly summery and I want that too.



Berksha mesh sneakers 


Neon or colorful

Colorful or neon sneakers are perfect to add fun to any casual outfits. They upgrade your jeans and uplift your mood. Now, I am in love with the Addidas x Pharell collection but any colorful canvas will do.



All the colors from the collection 




But I prefer the pink ones


Floral

I am not really a girly girl who adorns floral here and there. Yet for the right floral - tropical- I may change my mind. Paired with dark jeans and sweater, these would totally rock!

Vans Hawaii floral 


Vans Hawaii floral 

All White

All white canvas are so cute and classy but they are hard to take care of. When I was 15, I purchased all white canvas shoes against my better judgement (and those of my friends). I only wore them twice because the dusty roads in my country killed them. I washed them but still the dusty orange stains stayed. It goes without saying that that was the 1st and last time I bought white sneakers. I am thinking that if I am to get some, I would either wear them only inside (never to walk on the streets). But that could be tough. 



Converse Chuck Taylor All Star leather Ox shoes 

Splurge

Now now, if money was no issue, I would splurge on these Celine canvas shoes. And I would probably buy at least 4 pairs:  the leopard, the plaid, the python, and then the camo print. But wait it is not a Celine.


Celine leopard print calf-hair sneaker


Celine Plaid skate shoes 


Celine Python skate shoes 


St Laurent Camo print skate shoes 

That is all for me now, folks! But I leave you with a few inspiring pictures I found on the Net with some of the lovely sneakers I featured above. Hope they inspire you as much as they did me.



Pero by Aneeth Arora S/S 15 featuring Nike neon sneakers



Blogger Dee Mohamud with the mesh sneakers



Jessica Alba street style in silver sneakers


Comments

Popular Posts