Bloggers from another place: Indonesia

Don't you just love Pinterest? I find myself spending more time on that site that Facebook or Blogger. I am hooked on it and I just started less than a month. I have more than 5 boards and I find more and more pics that inspire me to create more. It is just a fun place to be.
Thanks to Pinterest I have discovered new bloggers. I am always trying to find different fashion blogs. I know I have been concentrating on American bloggers. But truth be told, I am tired of seeing the same faces and sometimes the same style. I love some of the bloggers on my list (and stalk them on a daily basis) but I need some diversity to be more inspired. We live in a such a diverse world, it would be wrong to concentrate just on one part. And thanks to the Internet, I can get a glimpse of that diverse world without leaving my living room. So here I present you a new series called: Bloggers from another place. The first edition is dedicated to Indonesian bloggers.

What I like about Indonesian bloggers is that most of them are hijabi meaning they respect the Muslim code of covering oneself. They wear headscarves or Hijab and long flowy dresses or skirts. I indentify with them as I am also wearing a hijab (or scarf) even though I take more liberties than they do. These bloggers prove to the world that you can be covered and fashionable at the same time. Their bold use of colors, the different ways they style their hijabs, the way they incorporate trends into their wardrobe is just an explosion of inspiration. Moreover, most of them seem to develop their own clothing line or have a shop. But do not take my word for it, just go over to their blogs and check them out yourselves. And if you know more hijabi fashion bloggers, please let me know about them.

Through Hijab Style, I discovered Ghaida a while back. This girl is so cute and her style is out of this world. She also designs and sells her own clothes through a boutique. I cannot get over her bold use of color. She could easily have 5 colors in one outfit and yet it matches. I have been reading her blog for over a year now and it seems she has matured into a very gracious and stylish lady. Maybe it is due to the fact that she is a mother now.



Dian Pelangi is a famous designer (at least in the Hijab world). Her blog is also another great inspirational place. That woman knows how to dress. And like she says herself, she is a rainbow avalanche. You will find only crazy colors in her outfit posts. I have not yet came across any of her products but I will be sure to check what all the fuss is about them particularly this wrapped pants you can wear different ways (have you ever heard of different ways to wear pants?)


Dian Pelangi of dianrainbow.blogspot.jp/

Through Pinterest I saw this below pic of Annisa rocking this maxi skirt and I knew I had to check her out. I like the simplicity of her outfits. She is stylish but you can see that she is not trying too hard. As a matter of fact, her blog is not polluted with pics of herself and it seems that she does not blog on a daily basis. Nevertheless I like her and will check her out for outfit inspirations.


Indah (from Sketches of mind) is a model from what I gathered from her blog. She is a different from other covered blogers because she is a bit edgy. She rocks skinny jeans and scarves with zippers. She is just a a bit darker where everyone else is peachy and colorful.



Mimi is another one of those mellow peachy bloggers that make me sigh every time I check her pics. She often gives tutorial on how to wrap scarves a certain way. Moreover she designs and sells scarves. The cutest thing is that she sometimes wear matching outfits with her daughter. She is so adorable and stylish.



Obviously not all Indonesian fashion bloggers are covered. The most famous uncovered one is called Diana and owns a blog that inspires a mass of 12000 people and counting. I find her interesting even though her style is way too much for myself.



That's it. I did my part and pay tribute to these ladies. Do yours and share this. And if you know a special blogger that is not around this part, please let me know. I would love to check them out!

Comments

Popular Posts