There we go again: what I want for Fall (and probably will not get)

I have been so busy with my new blog : Wafufashion.blogspot.com that I neglected this one. I realize now that it will be very difficult to maintain both blogs at the same speed.
Anyway, I wanted to post something here before I start seeing cobwebs. My topic du jour is Fall trends.
Every year, since I started this blog, I talk about Fall trends and what I would like to have in my closet for that period. And almost every year two things happen: I crave the same things in my closet, and for some reasons (mainly because I am broke, and it was not that cold back in Houston), I never end up purchasing them. I wonder if it will be the same this year. But let us not get ahead of ourselves. First, let us find out what is up for Fall 2010.
Since I am not really into collections, I had to go online to check what were the fashion trends for this fall. According to Refinery29.com we can expect sexy turtlenecks, velvet, large pants, patchwork, capes and ponchos for Fall. Another site: Fashionising.com predicts that the military look will still be on, and that camel coats would be back. Is it me, or I do not see real innovations in all the new trends. And the most ridiculous one I saw so far, is the shoes with socks trend. I mean, let us be real: we are not in kindergarten anymore.

Trends that I like


Camel Coat


Donna Karan Winter 2010

Velvet



Antonio Berardi Fall 2010
(my so wanted velvet dress redesigned)





Large Pants



Richard Chai Love; Richard Chai Love; 3.1 Phillip Lim; Zac Posen


Trends I dislike:

Socks with shoes


Dolce and Gabbana Fall 2010


But why do I care? I really do not because I do not follow trends. I get obsessed with one item and try to have it at the cheapest price possible. That is my motto. Besides, from the moment I discovered that I would be moving to Japan, I decided to shop for an entire year. I went to the local Goodwill and tried to get all the things I thought I needed to at least survive the Fall and Winter. Besides, Japan is another place where they do not follow the same rules as the rest of the world. In other words, Fall trends here may be entirely different from what we may have seen on the runway.


Therefore, these are the items I am obsessed with-that have nothing to do with the Runway- and may (or may not) get this Fall.

1- Leather Jacket (faux leather may do)
I still have to find that leather bomber jacket. I was not lucky enough last year. I did not find what I really liked at the Goodwill as well. Maybe Japan will be a nice spot to look for that piece of wild/edge I so crave.
2- Suede boots
I purchased Suede flat boots in Australia 6 years ago. They are still good enough but one heel is becoming loose. I am going to repair it because the shoes are still in very good condition. But I want another pair in order for me to rest these one for a little bit.



Lace up Mutton Boots
(only 1000Y=$12 at Rakuten.co.jp but they do not have my size anymore)


3- Boat neck striped tee
I have been looking and still did not find the perfect one. I guess the search will go beyond Summer and well into Fall. I will definitely be lucky in Japan. People seemed to be obsessed with stripes here. I see it everywhere and on everybody from babies to seniors.

4- Capes


It is so not me but I love the Leopard print cape

I had two ponchos in the past and loved them to death. They were perfect to camouflage my belly when I was pregnant. But now, I guess I should graduate from ponchos and go for Capes. They are so edgy and look elegant. I am an adult now and need to look the part, right?

5- Turtlenecks (or long sleeves tee)
I already have plenty of those but like my Hijabs I want one in every color of the rainbow and more. They will be perfect for my layering look.

Unlike some people, I am not really looking forward to Fall. I mean, I like Fall and the change of clothing is very much welcomed. However, I am still in the middle of Summer and would like to enjoy every bit of it. I hate it when shops already starts their Fall display right in the middle of Summer. I mean, I may still want to shop for a summer dress and do not need to see sweaters all over.

Anyway, I am just reminded that I was supposed to take the 365 days without shopping challenge. Maybe Fall will be a good period to start (if I do not see something that amazes me and obsesses me before hand)

Comments

Popular Posts