If only I could afford that : Michael Kors Sheath Dress




I had a funny conversation with my husband when we were at Ross yesterday. He was looking for some shirts to add to his collection and I saw a white Michael Kors shirt with light blue vertical stripes ( so cute) for $14.99. I told him that I would get it for him for Father's day. And I added that he was lucky to get a MK shirt for that price. He had the audacity to answer that he did not know MK. Well, in true fairness, he is not into name brands. He always says that he'd rather have his name on the tag than wear someone else's.
Anyway, that made me think that so far I have not been lucky as to own a piece of MK fashion world.
I discovered MK while watching Project Runway. At the time, I have to admit that I did not know anything about him. But as the show progressed, I learned more and more about the designer. The fact that Heidi Klum was also sporting some of the designer's creations on the show did not hurt either. I became to appreciate the classic yet ageless style. Michael Kors is all about clear cut and perfect fit. The man knows how to dress woman.

Heidi Klum




There is only one thing that I want from the designer and it is its sheath dress. The fit is just so clean and so perfect. I have never tried it but I want it so bad I cannot contain myself. Obviously, the price tag is the only reason why I have not rushed to the nearest MK store to get it. Maybe someday, I tell myself while daydreaming. Actually, I am not sure that I have the body for a sheath dress by MK. The people he dresses are usually so petite or thin, the dress compliment their figure. I am thinking of Kelly Ripa, Heidi Klum, Gwyneth Paltrow and even Mrs O.

Michelle Obama




But since, MK claims to be designing for women of all shapes, I am pretty much optimistic. Hell, even the curvaceous MJB is wearing Michael Kors. So, I guess, if I loose a few pounds and get the money, the dress is all mine to wear.

Marie J. Blige



Check MK ready to wear dresses for this season at michaelkors.com

Comments

Popular Posts