Summer Jewelry

Summer is finally here. I have been expecting this season for so long. Yet, it is so hot I am in no mood for going out. I would rather stay at home lying next to the air con while eating some vanilla ice cream.
However, no matter the weather, I am always in the mood for shopping. There are several things that I think I need (but really want)for this season: white navy inspired pants, a white dress, a fuchsia sandals, and bold jewelry.
As far as I am concerned, the trend for this summer when it comes to jewelry is all about beading. Starting from Spring, I could find beading all over the place: on shoes, on clothes. I find it very cute but I like it on jewelry.


Beaded sandals available at gojane.com

I already owe several pieces of beaded jewelry. However, this summer, I am eager to look for new and different things.
I particularly like this piece I first saw on Drew Barrymore. It is called Bianca Chevron beaded necklace made by Fiona Paxton. This is a cute piece that can "pimp" out any simple outfit. It is very costly as well (around $300).





However, I am lucky enough to live in a country where beading jewelry is common. You can find interesting pieces at the market for practically nothing. And my next move would be to go there and see if I can find something similar to the Fiona Paxton piece. I already saw a girl on the street wearing something similar but in a more colorful version. If you do not have the chance to live in Senegal, try lulus.com , they have a beaded necklace for only $13.


Aztec Rainbow Bead Necklace available at www.lulus.com

After looking for this Fiona Paxton piece, I will hunt for big beaded bangles. I used to owe several when I was kid. It seems that they are back in fashion. However, the way of wearing them this summer, is to stack several on one arm. When you do this, try to avoid having other accessories on you.






All these trends are pretty easy to find and easy to wear. No need to be a fashionista to try them. However, what I found very interesting this summer is this bold necklace made of several beaded necklaces and golden bracelets. It is huge yet cute. The real necklace is pretty costly. However, you can try to do it by yourself.There are other several version of this necklace. This one below is from Van Noten.




As you can see it is very big and heavy, so I suggest if you want to try to do it yourself to use big ring instead of bracelets. If you are like me and have a fragile neck, it would be better to be less bold. Fashion is pain, but it does not have to kill you, right?

Voila, all the jewelry I want for this summer. I am sure there are other trend out there that can make you happy. The key is to be bold and colorful. Plus you have to find pieces that are out of the ordinary, that would help you stand out in a crowd. That is what an accessory is supposed to be, considering that Summer is all about wearing less clothes and being simple.

My own beading jewelry : chunky necklace, wrist band and bracelet


Comments

Popular Posts